[solved] linux qtcreator Qt5-examples qt5 examples

• I was going to ask the Archlinux guys but i know I'll get a rtfm response.... (i read docs i could find ...)

my Qt Creator is missing the examples ( that are available in the windows and fedora install)
    (this is arch linux arm , not my choice )
    I've found the download, but it looks like there are several places to put the examples (when rtfm fails because actions out pace docs)

http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.5/5.5.0/single/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0.tar.xz
    extract that then goto
    qtbase/examples
    now where should i put this stuff?

also qtcreator only starts with the "-noload Welcome" option or it fails to launch. and it doesn't find the compiler . I've fixed all that.
    **hence why I'm asking for your all's help. ** :-) :-)

where do i put the examples?
    /usr/share/doc/qt/examples

how do i tell qtcreator where to look should it fail to find them?
    qtdiag | grep Examples
    well tell you where it is looking

thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly question but doesn't Arch propose a qt5-examples package ?

• Hi, also you can use qtdiag to see where what the directory is that Qt expects the examples in, like this:
    /usr/bin/qtdiag | grep Examples

• @SGaist regular Arch dose have a "qt5-examples" package... ArchLinuxARM dose not. :-/

@hskoglund ooo now that command is just to smart.... more programs need this...

so if someone should google this later

extrac the Examples from the download. (qtbase/examples)
    and copy them to
    /usr/share/doc/qt/examples

i didn't realize till now... but i was getting to the examples through the welcome tab... but on the rpi2 qt creator won't open with out the "-noload Welcome" option :-/

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.