Running Qt application on headless Rpi

• I have followed the instructions listed here: http://www.ics.com/blog/building-qt-5-raspberry-pi to install qt on my rpi. Everything worked fine with the compilation.

I then tried to run the example program raspberrytest listed at the end of the blog, but I received the following error on my rpi:

QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
    QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
    EGLFS: Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
    EGLFS: To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).

I am not sure if this error is because I have no native display for my rpi and that it's running headless via VNC. I tried running a simple hello world console application and it generated the correct output.

Any clues?

• Moderators

raspberrytest is a GUI application, that's probably the reason for the messages you see. It should work if you start the X server.

• @jsulm I'm using VNC to log into the rpi and then running from the console window. Isn't that sufficient.

• Moderators

@Gagan-Mahan Actually these messages do not sound like errors, more like warnings. What is not clear from your original post: what happens after these messages are printed? Does the application terminate?

• @jsulm I don't see an output. It just stays at the command prompt. I guess I should be seeing a green screen. I installed a touch screen, but now I get the following error:

./raspberrytest: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Moderators

You need the libGLESv2.so lib. On Ubuntu/Debian you can find out which package provides it using apt-file.

• @jsulm Thanks for your help on this so far. I installed the package, but now i've run into another problem, when I run the application I get the following error:

**QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
    This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "eglfs".

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
    Aborted**

Using -platform eglfs didn't help.

Here is a part output from my configure operation

QPA backends:
    DirectFB ............. no
    EGLFS ................ yes
    KMS .................. no
    LinuxFB .............. yes
    XCB .................. no

Do I need to rebuild Qt? Not sure what I need to fix though. Thanks!

• Moderators

Search in the Qt forums, there are discussions about not found platform plugins. Your application is not able to find needed platform plugin. You should read http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/deployment.html as well.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.