Failed to start program. Path or permissions wrong?

• Hi,

I am executing my application in Qt5.5.0 ...

While starting i get the following error.

Starting C:\Projects\Raja\My_Stuff\Qt\My_Codes\build-ECL_TSF_Updater-Desktop_Qt_5_5_0_MinGW_32bit-Release\release\TSF_Updater.exe...
    Failed to start program. Path or permissions wrong?
    C:\Projects\Raja\My_Stuff\Qt\My_Codes\build-ECL_TSF_Updater-Desktop_Qt_5_5_0_MinGW_32bit-Release\release\TSF_Updater.exe exited with code -1

Thanks

• @inforathinam said:

Release

Hi, your running a release version of your program, so did you read the deploy on Windows document? There all information is given to launch a program in release. Or do you try to run a debugger on the release version?
    The debugger uses the -d option on all Qt dll files. Make sure your compiler/debugger/kit are setup properly.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

@Jeroentjehome why do the deployment stuff when running for Qt Creator ?

@inforathinam Did you do any .pro file modifications before building in release ? In any case, try re-running qmake or do a full rebuild.

• @SGaist You are totally right! Running a release program is totally possible in QtCreator in the run mode. I wanted to know if the stand alone program could be run when properly deployed.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.