Planned maintenance: From Sunday 8th December 10:00 CET there will be changes to try and solve the caching issues that have been experienced. If anyone has a problem connecting after this period then please PM @AndyS or any of the moderators.
Qt5 coding with XCode 6 (MAC)
Almer_Cz last edited by
I recently bought Mac book Pro (only had PC till now) and I wanna do Qt also on it. Using XCode 6 as a tool (from AppStore).
Tried to create HelloWorld (just write qDebug() << "Hello World") but failed to compile/run. I don't wanna create .pro file, just use XCode and custom build steps (same as I do under MS Visual Studio).
I have been able to:
- Download 5.5 for clang and install it on OS X (10.10 btw)
- Add QtCore framework to xcodeproject so header are on ( no error on #include <QtCore/QCoreApplication> )
So my needs are:
- How to create some global environmental variable (f.e. called QT_DIR) that will point out to my Qt dir so I can address inside XCode?
- How to create custom build steps for .ui (UIC), .h (MOC) and .qrc (RCC) files?
- How to set linker so it can link all together?
I know I can use QtCreator (but I don't like it for a long time) and also create .pro and let qmake to generate XCode project, but this will produce a lot of Mambo Jambo around and won't be handy when something changes.
mcosta last edited by
IMO your question is for XCode experts not for Qt ones.
If you study the Xcode manual probably you'll find the answers; BTW, your project will work only with XCode.
Using qmake (or CMake is you don't like qmake) your code can be built on all protforms supported by Qt
sandy.martel23 last edited by
...and also create .pro and let qmake to generate XCode project, but this will produce a lot of Mambo Jambo around and won't be handy when something changes.
So your looking for a way to create and maintain the Mambo Jambo manually and this will somehow be more handy ?