Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct -

Cross compiling Qt5.5 gives compiling errors

  • Hello,

    I am trying to cross compile Qt5.4.2 for my Olimex A10 Lime board. I have managed to pass ./configure phase wtih these options,

    ./configure -v -debug -opensource -confirm-license -no-use-gold-linker
    -nomake examples -nomake tests -nomake tools -no-cups -no-pch -no-linuxfb
    -skip qtquick1 -skip declarative -skip multimedia -opengl es2 -no-eglfs
    -system-xcb -sysroot /mnt/lime-rootfs -device linux-sunxi-g++
    -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -prefix /opt/qt/sunxi

    And everything succeeded, architectures founded and qmake file created etc. But after this step I have just used "make" to compile. I don't know why but it failed to compile a particular file. Here is the logs where it fails,

    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -I /mnt/lime-rootfs/usr/include -I /mnt/lime-rootfs/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf -marm -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/mnt/lime-rootfs -g -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -std=c++0x -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_MTDEV -DQT_NO_LIBUDEV -DQT_NO_XKB -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DMESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS -DQT_NO_FONTCONFIG -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DQT_BUILD_PLATFORMSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_BUILDING_QT -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -DQT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x050000 -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../3rdparty/freetype/builds/unix -I../3rdparty/freetype/src -I../3rdparty/freetype/include -Iaccessibility -I../3rdparty/atspi2 -Ilinuxaccessibility -I../../include -I../../include/QtPlatformSupport -I../../include/QtPlatformSupport/5.4.2 -I../../include/QtPlatformSupport/5.4.2/QtPlatformSupport -I../../include/QtCore/5.4.2 -I../../include/QtCore/5.4.2/QtCore -I../../include/QtGui/5.4.2 -I../../include/QtGui/5.4.2/QtGui -I../../include/QtGui -I../../include/QtDBus -I../../include/QtCore -I.moc -I../../mkspecs/devices/linux-sunxi-g++ -o .obj/qeglplatformcursor.o eglconvenience/qeglplatformcursor.cpp
    eglconvenience/qeglplatformcursor.cpp: In member function ‘bool QEGLPlatformCursor::setCurrentCursor(QCursor*)’:
    eglconvenience/qeglplatformcursor.cpp:234:15: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
    eglconvenience/qeglplatformcursor.cpp:235:27: error: ‘newShape’ was not declared in this scope
    eglconvenience/qeglplatformcursor.cpp:242:22: error: ‘newShape’ was not declared in this scope
    Makefile:4370: recipe for target '.obj/qeglplatformcursor.o' failed
    make[3]: *** [.obj/qeglplatformcursor.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/sina/qt-src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.2/qtbase/src/platformsupport'
    Makefile:473: recipe for target 'sub-platformsupport-make_first' failed
    make[2]: *** [sub-platformsupport-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sina/qt-src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.2/qtbase/src'
    Makefile:45: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first' failed
    make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sina/qt-src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.2/qtbase'
    Makefile:60: recipe for target 'module-qtbase-make_first' failed
    make: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

    Can someone please help me to find out what is exactly the problem? is that a bug or is it about the configurations? It seems like a bug atleast compiler says that :S

    here is the function,

    bool QEGLPlatformCursor::setCurrentCursor(QCursor *cursor)
        if (!m_visible)
            return false;
        const Qt::CursorShape newShape = cursor ? cursor->shape() : Qt::ArrowCursor; /* line 234 */
        if (m_cursor.shape == newShape && newShape != Qt::BitmapCursor)
            return false;
        if (m_cursor.shape == Qt::BitmapCursor) {
            m_cursor.customCursorImage = QImage();
            m_cursor.customCursorPending = false;
        m_cursor.shape = newShape; /* line 242 */
        if (newShape != Qt::BitmapCursor) { // standard cursor
            const float ws = (float)m_cursorAtlas.cursorWidth / m_cursorAtlas.width,
                        hs = (float)m_cursorAtlas.cursorHeight / m_cursorAtlas.height;
            m_cursor.textureRect = QRectF(ws * (m_cursor.shape % m_cursorAtlas.cursorsPerRow),
                                          hs * (m_cursor.shape / m_cursorAtlas.cursorsPerRow),
                                          ws, hs);
            m_cursor.hotSpot = m_cursorAtlas.hotSpots[m_cursor.shape];
            m_cursor.texture = m_cursorAtlas.texture;
            m_cursor.size = QSize(m_cursorAtlas.cursorWidth, m_cursorAtlas.cursorHeight);
        } else {
            QImage image = cursor->pixmap().toImage();
            m_cursor.textureRect = QRectF(0, 0, 1, 1);
            m_cursor.hotSpot = cursor->hotSpot();
            m_cursor.texture = 0; // will get updated in the next render()
            m_cursor.size = image.size();
            m_cursor.customCursorImage = image;
            m_cursor.customCursorPending = true;
        return true;

    Thank you,

  • Its ugly workaround, but can helps.

    Open your <EGL/eglplatform.h> in text editor and after strings:
    #include <X11/Xlib.h>
    #include <X11/Xutil.h>

    add following strings:
    #undef None
    #undef CursorShape