Help with QtGStreamer undefined reference to QGST::init

• I am having some trouble with implementing QtGStreamer with QT. I have downloaded the source code for QtGStreamer and put it in "C:/qt-gstreamer-1.2.0" I am trying to run one of the examples that was provided, the player example.

Here is my code:

player.pro

TEMPLATE = app
    TARGET = player

CONFIG += silent

CONFIG += pkgconfig

contains(QT_VERSION, ^4\\..*) {
        PKGCONFIG += QtGStreamer-1.0 QtGStreamerUi-1.0 QtGlib-2.0 QtGStreamerUtils-1.0
        QT += widgets
    }
    contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\..*) {
        PKGCONFIG += Qt5GStreamer-1.0 Qt5GStreamerUi-1.0 Qt5Glib-2.0 Qt5GStreamerUtils-1.0 Qt5GStreamerQuick-1.0
        QT += widgets \
            enginio
    }

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++0x

DEFINES += QT_NO_KEYWORDS

HEADERS += mediaapp.h player.h
    SOURCES += main.cpp mediaapp.cpp player.cpp

INCLUDEPATH += C:\qt-gstreamer-1.2.0\src \
        C:\boost_1_58_0

main.cpp

#include "mediaapp.h"
    #include <QApplication>
    #include <QGst/Init>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QApplication app(argc, argv);
        QGst::init(&argc, &argv);

MediaApp media;
        media.show();

if (argc == 2) {
            media.openFile(argv[1]);
        }

return app.exec();
    }

There are other cpp files in the example, but they are all giving the same type of error. When I try to build the project, I get the error "undefined reference to 'QGst::init'" I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I think there needs to be something changed in the .pro file, but I couldn't find anything telling me what to do to fix it. I am on Windows, using with mingw compiler.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Might be a silly question but: do you have pkg-config running on Windows ?

• Yes, I do have it running, however now I am getting an error "QtCore/QtGlobal: No such file or directory, so I added the include path, "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\mingw491_32\include" but i am still getting the same error.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then there's something wrong with either your project or your setup. You shouldn't need to add anything to find Qt's headers

• Do you have any ideas that could help?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Recheck your pro file: do you have any line line QT = or INCLUDEPATH = ? Note the missing +

• No, this is my code:

# This is a qmake project file, provided as an example on how to use qmake with QtGStreamer.

TEMPLATE = app
    TARGET = player

# produce nice compilation output
    CONFIG += silent

# Tell qmake to use pkg-config to find QtGStreamer.
    CONFIG += pkgconfig

# Now tell qmake to link to QtGStreamer and also use its include path and Cflags.
    contains(QT_VERSION, ^4\\..*) {
        PKGCONFIG += QtGStreamer-1.0 QtGStreamerUi-1.0
    }
    contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\..*) {
        PKGCONFIG += Qt5GStreamer-1.0 Qt5GStreamerUi-1.0
    }

QT += core quick widgets
    CONFIG += qt console bootstrap

# Recommended if you are using g++ 4.5 or later. Must be removed for other compilers.
    #QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++0x

# Recommended, to avoid possible issues with the "emit" keyword
    # You can otherwise also define QT_NO_EMIT, but notice that this is not a documented Qt macro.
    DEFINES += QT_NO_KEYWORDS

# Input
    HEADERS += mediaapp.h player.h
    SOURCES += main.cpp mediaapp.cpp player.cpp

INCLUDEPATH += C:\qt-gstreamer-1.2.0\src

Line 3 and 4 (TEMPLATE and TARGET) made no difference when I added a '+' before the '='

• Lifetime Qt Champion

TEMPLATE and TARGET should be used with = . They contain only one value.

Do you still have that error if you don't use pkgconfig ?

• @SGaist Yes, If I take out the line for PKGCONFIG, I still get the same error

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then create a default widget project and see if you can built it

• @SGaist Hi, I built an blank widget project, and I build one of the examples from Qt, and it worked fine

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then keep that one and introduce one by one the elements of your other project until it either fails to build or build successfully

• For every element in the pro file, it does not fail if I put '#include <QGst/Init>' then I get the error 'QtCore/QtGlobal: No such file or directory' Then if I comment it back out, and run qmake, then build, I get no error. If I comment it out I get the error 'cannot find boost/config.hpp' until I run qmake again.

I added 'C:\boost_1_58_0' to the include path, commented out '#include <QGst/Init>' ran qmake, and uncommented it, and it built with no error. Then I ran qmake again, and it game me the 'QtCore/QtGlobal' error again

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Ok… Then the silly question: do you have a QtGlobal file ? If so where is it ?

• Yes, I have 5 copies, they are in
    "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\android_armv5\include\QtCore\QtGlobal"
    "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\android_armv7\include\QtCore\QtGlobal"
    "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\android_x86\include\QtCore\QtGlobal"
    "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\mingw491_32\include\QtCore\QtGlobal"
    "C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\Src\qtbase\include\QtCore\QtGlobal"

Should I have a different one somewhere else? I am building with Mingw

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you modify your kits ?

• No, I even just got done uninstalling and reinstalling Qt 5.4.1 and QtCreator 3.3.2 and I just got the same QtCore error

• I then added the pkgconfig and config then instead of '#include <QGst/Init>' I did '#include <QGst/init.h>' and I got back to the error of undefined reference to 'QGst::init

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Check the output of pkg-config for QtGStreamer, compare it to the build output of your application. Check the -I lines to see if something is currently modifying them in the wrong way

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.