Static Qt 5.4.1 without libtiff dependency?

• Hi there,

I have a Qt application which I build for a variety of operating systems including Linux. Up until recently I've been using Qt 4 for Linux because it seems to have a lot less dependencies than Qt 5. Very recently I tried building against Qt 5 and let a few of our users try it out. I've tried minimizing dependencies on system libraries using this configuration:

./configure -static -nomake examples -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype -qt-harfbuzz -qt-xcb -qt-xkbcommon

It emerged that dependencies on the ICU and libtiff system libraries were causing compatibility issues on other Linux distributions. ICU was easy to take care of, I just added the -no-icu switch. Webkit needs it, but I don't use Webkit in my project. However I can't figure how to remove the libtiff dependecy. Earlier versions of Qt 5 had a -qt-libtiff switch but not Qt 5.4.1. I could do without tiff support entirely if it's an option. Does anyone know of a possible way to address this issue?

Thanks, Nir

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

The tiff support has moved to the qtimageformats plugin. You can also find the sources of libtiff in that module

Hope it helps

• Interesting. I tried: QTPLUGINS += qtiff in my project file and it told me it was redundant, I guess because qtiff is already included. So then why is there a dependency on the system's tiff library? I event tried removing the qtiff plugin with QTPLUGINS -= qtiff but it didn't change anything. Maybe there's another component in the Qt library that might rely on it that's creating this dependency?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Are you using stuff that is only in qtbase ?

• My project file uses:

QT += widgets core gui network multimedia

Is that what you mean?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Yes that's what I meant. What you can do is just build qtbase first and then qtmultimedia afterwards. So you'll ensure that you have only these two built, no qtimageformats etc.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.