How can I make QDateTimeEdit not focusable but enabled

• Hi,
    I'm making a gui app on Qt 4.8.5 with a wizard structure interactive only with keyboard. In one screen, I have:

• a LineEdit (firstLE),
    • a qdatetimeedit (my_qdt)
    • and another lineEdit (secondLE).

FirstLE has a text on it just to show to the user while my_qdt has the actual date and time. So the thing is that the user must put something on secondLE. For that I use secondLE->setFocus() on myWizardPAge::InitializePage() but the focus is always on firstLE and also, if I press TAB I can go to the qDateTimeEdit elements.

What I want is that the user can only be on secondLE. I've tried with my_qdt->setEnable(false) but then the user see it in grey and I don't want that, I want it with its colors.

Thank you so much

• Set the QDateEdit widget on readOnly ;-)
    It's a property of the QAbstractSpinBox that is inherited

• Sorry forgot to mention it. I also tried it of course but I still can access to each member with tab (to the day, month, hour.. etc).

The thing is that in the initialize page I set:

secondLE->setFocus();
        firstLE->setReadOnly(true);
        my_qdt>setReadOnly(true);

But when the page starts the focus is on firstLE and I can access all elements of qdt. I can't edit them but if I press Tab I go through them and what I want is that the user stays on secondLE and with tab goes only to the wizard buttons and back again to secondLE whithout passing through firstLE or my_qdt

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, you should be able to achieve that using setTabOrder

Hope it helps

• Hi SGaist,

If I use it this way for example:

setTabOrder(secondLE, wizard()->button(QWizard::NextButton));
    setTabOrder(wizard()->button(QWizard::NextButton), wizard()->button(QWizard::BackButton));
    setTabOrder(wizard()->button(QWizard::NextButton), secondLE);

The focus starts still on firstLE and I can still access with tab to firstLE and to every element of my_qdt

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You can also set the focus on secondLE after you constructed it. If needed, add an eventFilter on firstLE where you ignore the focus events

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.