Qt 5.4 Adding VideoFile to project

• Hi, sorry for newbie question...how Can I add the video file to a project?? I tried to add it to .src file but doesnt not work (Size probably...). I need a path to /video.mp4 in a project folder, but not absoluteFilePath. Or what is the proper way to include a video file to a project. I'd like to send my app with the videofile to someone.
    Thanks for help.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What size is that video file ?

• Well it is several Mb for training purpose, but it is gonna be 1080p, so probably minimum 100 Mb. I have no knowledge what max lenght they will be.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then generally, files that size are deployed along your application, not compiled in

• I figured that out. The question is how to deploy video file so it would show up in a debug/release folder. I found something like this on the net, added to .pro file:

copydata.commands = $(COPY_DIR) $$PWD/data $$OUT_PWD
    first.depends = $(first) copydata
    export(first.depends)
    export(copydata.commands)
    QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS += first copydata

LINK and I am trying to make it work.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What problem are you getting ?

• Sorry for the delay. The only problem is with the last line: QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS += first copydata
    error:** [copydata] Error 4.**

Makefile.Debug:101: recipe for target 'copydata' failed
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [copydata] Error 4
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/Projects/build-Test2-Desktop_Qt_5_4_0_MinGW_32bit-Debug'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
    makefile:34: recipe for target 'debug' failed
    Im browsing the net for a solution. I have created in my project "*copydata*" directory.

Thanks for your time SGaist.

EDIT: I have probably found a solution to my problem: LINK
    I will try to make that work, read all documentation on qmake and learn it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

If it's path issue, shell_path can help your there

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.