Reading an image exits with error code -1073741515 (“Some dll not found”)

• I have a very simple program to test my opencv installation:

#include <opencv2/core/core.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/highgui/highgui.hpp>
    #include "opencv/cv.h"
    int main() {
            // read an image
            cv::Mat image= cv::imread("c:\\img.jpg");
            // create image window named "My Image"
            cv::namedWindow("My Image");
            // show the image on window
            cv::imshow("My Image", image);
            // wait key for 5000 ms
            cv::waitKey(0);
            return 1;
    }

I am using Qt Creator for this and when I run the code it exits with the error: -1073741515, which according to this post:http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/57083-1073741515-problem relates to a dll not found.

This is really annoying as I am sure I have pretty much done everything according to the book. Here is my pro file:

#-------------------------------------------------
    #
    # Project created by QtCreator 2015-03-30T06:33:21
    #
    #-------------------------------------------------

QT       += core

QT       -= gui

TARGET = opencv_pls
    CONFIG   += console
    CONFIG   -= app_bundle

TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    INCLUDEPATH += D:\\opencv_bin\\install\\include
    LIBS += -LD:\\opencv_bin\\lib \
        -lopencv_core2410.dll \
        -lopencv_highgui2410.dll \
        -lopencv_imgproc2410.dll \
        -lopencv_features2d2410.dll \
        -lopencv_calib3d2410.dll

And here is my PATH:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\bin;D:\Qt\4.7.0\bin;D:\mingw\bin;D:\OpenCV-2.2.0_bin\bin;D:\OpenCV-2.2.0_bin\include;D:\Program Files\MATLAB\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\;d:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v80\runtime\win64;d:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\runtime\win32; 

Everything seems to be in order.

Dependency Walker shows these errors:

enter image description here

But according to this post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17023419/win-7-64-bit-dll-problems these are all false positives.

WHAT am I missing??? I'm nearly at the stage of pulling my hair out.
    Help please

• Moderators

At least libstdc++-6.dll is required. Respectively all MinGW related dlls are required.

• Moderators

Also there are the plugins which have to be present. I think I had a similar message when the image format dlls were missing.
    Did you checkout the windows deployment docs?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

To add to @koahnig , your application is probably not finding the OpenCV dlls. You would need to update the PATH variable in the Run part of the Project panel.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.