QResource::registerResource and "mapRoot"

• Hey

I'm experiencing a weird behaviour with QResource::registerResource, using the second argument "mapRoot".

"QResource::registerResource(const QString & rccFileName, const QString & mapRoot = QString()) "

Not sure if it is the expected way it should work, but when I'm trying to mount a dynamic resource file at the location specified by mapRoot, registerResource is registering my data at ":/" as well.

This is a problem for me because I have others resources registered at ":/" and I don't want them to collide with the newly registered resources I'm trying to load. The documentation is not crystal clear about this behaviour.

Here is a test code:

qDebug() << QResource::registerResource("test.rcc", "/foo/bar");
    qDebug() << ":/img/Dealer :" << QFile::exists(":/img/Dealer");
    qDebug() << ":/foo/bar/img/Dealer :" << QFile::exists(":/foo/bar/img/Dealer");

The output is:

true
    :/img/Dealer : true
    :/foo/bar/img/Dealer : true

So my question is, is it the expected behaviour or something is buggy there ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Are you by any chance also building that rcc file in your application ?

• Hi and Thank you,

No i'm building it apart with rcc -o, it's not a part of my building chain at all.

• Moderators

But maybe you have it added to your .pro file under RESOURCES?

• My main project where I spot the issue is managed with cmake, and I don't ask for any build-in resources.
    My test project (code above), is built with qmake, the .pro is pretty straightforward :

QT += core

QT -= gui

TARGET = TestRegister
    CONFIG += console
    CONFIG -= app_bundle

TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp

• Moderators

OK, that pretty much rules out the possibility that Qt automatically picked up your resource.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.