QWebEngineCore - dyld not loaded

• I'm trying to deploy an app that is using QWebEngine on OSX.

The app run fine inside QtCreator,
    but once I use macdeployqt and try to run it from there, I get this error on runtime :

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick
    Referenced from: /Users/tourlou2/build-PowerVelo2-Desktop_Qt_5_4_1_clang_64bit-Release/MaximumTrainer.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Versions/5/QtWebEngineCore
    Reason: image not found

My QWebEngineView is also black and not working.
    I checked and the QtQuick reference is good and the library is there.. not sure why I get this error

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Check with otool -L where it's look for its dependencies

• Hi,

Did you figure out anything on this?

I have one project that uses QtWebKit that builds fine with 5.4.2 and another with QtWebEngine that has this bug.

Thanks,
    Jimmy

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Can you run otool -L on it and post the result ?

• @Jimmy

Haven't had time to experiment more with QWebEngine on OSX.
    Will let you know next time I try. I'm still using QWebKit until some feature I need comes with QWebEngine.

• I've just started using QWebEngine (5.5.0) and I'm running into the same problem on mac. When I try to using QWebEngineView, I get the following runtime error:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick
    Referenced from
    /svn/dev/trunk/build/svl/mac/Release-5.5/MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Versions/5/QtWebEngineCore
    Reason: image not found

Not sure why, though. QtQuick.framework is there:

$> ls Contents/Frameworks | grep Quick
    QtQuick.framework

and looks good with otool:

$> otool -L Contents/Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick
    Contents/Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick:
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtQml.framework/Versions/5/QtQml (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1213.0.0)

This is very strange. I would love to know if anyone makes any progress/discoveries with this problem on OS X.

• I've made some discoveries that may be of help. I noticed that QtWebEngineCore.framework has other binaries into it besides Versions/5/QtWebEngineCore such as

Versions/5/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
    SimVirtualLabs.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Versions/5/Libraries/ffmpegsumo.so

I also noticed that the prebuilt 5.5.0 binaries from Qt use @rpath instead @excutable_path or an absolute path.

otool -L lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
    lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore:
    @rpath/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.5.0, current version 5.5.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

I'm not how the macdeployqt works since I have own script to move/prepare the Qt frameworks but I've always used the install_name_tool to create paths using @executable_path like:

@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick

However, if leave the install name paths alone for the prebuilt binaries (that use @rpath) and add the following to my Xcode target settings:

Linker -> Runtime Search Paths : @executable_path/../Frameworks

Then I don't get the runtime load error and everything seems to work. I don't understand the nitty-gritty about why this works (anyone want to chime in) but hopefully this information will help somebody get QWebEngine working on OS X.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.