database.tables() returned empty after connected to mariadb

• After I used driver "QMYSQL" to connect to mariadb, the database.tables() returned

empty. I have tried qt4.8 and qt5.3.2, got the same result.But when I connected to

sqlite, there is no problem.

My OS is opensuse 13.2 64 Bit.

My code is :
    #include <QSqlDatabase>
    #include <QSqlError>
    #include <QDebug>
    #include <QStringList>

int main()
    {
    QSqlDatabase database = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QMYSQL");
    database.setHostName("localhost");
    database.setUserName("lxy");
    database.setPassword("qqqqqq");
    database.setDatabaseName("information_schema");
    if (!database.open())
    {
    qDebug()<<database.lastError().text();
    return 1;
    }
    qDebug()<<database.tables();
    return 0;
    }

Program output :
    ()

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Did you rebuild the driver before using it with MariaDB ?

• @lxyevl Hi, I can reproduce your behaviour. The culprit seems to be the database itself. For some reason QSqlDatabase::tables() doesn't like to show the tables from the MySQL internal database information_schema. When I use another database, tables() works just fine.
    Even when I used QSqlDatabase::tables(QSql::AllTables) -- show everything, including system tables -- the ones contained in information_schema didn't show up. Eventually a bug but might also be a security feature of MySQL not to present internal data?
    But I found a workaround. Maybe this would help you:

QSqlQuery q;
    q.exec( "select TABLE_NAME,TABLE_SCHEMA from TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA='information_schema' LIMIT 10" );
    while(q.next()) {
     qDebug() << q.value(0) << ", " << q.value(1);
    }

This query selects the name and schema from the information_schema.tables system table that contains the meta data of all tables of all databases -- even those in information_schema and itself.

• @SGaist No, I didn't. I installed the driver by zypper.

• @simow thanks for the answer.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.