Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
I'm looking for a high performance 2D chart-component (qt-quick)
themts last edited by themts
I'm looking for a 2D line-chart to plot realtime-data from external devices.
I saw several components from QT:
- Qt Data Visualization (http://doc.qt.io/QtDataVisualization/)
- Qt Charts (http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/)
- QWT (http://qwt.sourceforge.net/)
- QuickPlot (http://www.arnorehn.de/blog/2014/12/quickplot-a-collection-of-native-qtquick-plot-items/)
At first glance Qt Data Visualization seems to be the right choice as it is completely gpu accelerated and has great performance.
Unfortunately I don't see any 2D examples. Is is possible to plot a 2D chart with Qt Data Visualization at all?
On the other hand there is qt charts. I could use a qlineseries (http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qlineseries.html) and I have exactly what I'm looking for. But, I don't see any information about performance. I have to plot thousands of lines per second.
Qwt seems to be very advanced but I don't know if it is hardware-accelerated. Is it possible to use it in a qt-quick application?
QuickPlot: In my opinion it has a great approach but the project is still very new
- high performance
- display multiple axis (e.g. 4 y-axis, 1 x-axis)
- display a legend
- customizable (e.g. scroll back and forward / get values under mouse to display selected values / ...)
What chart component would you recommend?
Hi and welcome to devnet,
The best way to have information for 1 and 2 is to contact the Qt Company directly. These two modules are available to the commercial customers but you can try them with the trial package.
AFAIK, Qwt only provides widgets
I don't know that one
Hope it helps