QProgressDialog doesn't show up

• I am monitoring progress of the function which emits signals to show progress. The signals are caught in the slots below and I can debug through them, only thing the progress never shows up. In fact it was showing up but it somehow stopped doing that.

void MainWindow::InitiateProgress(int numFiles)
    {
        QString msg("Creating '%1' files...");
        progress = (QSharedPointer<QProgressDialog>) new QProgressDialog(msg, "Cancel", 0, numFiles, this, Qt::Dialog) ;
        progress->setAutoClose( false );
        progress->setMinimumDuration(0);
        progress->setWindowModality(Qt::WindowModal);
        progress->setModal( true );
        progress->setAutoReset( false );
        progress->setWindowTitle( APP_NAME );

QSize size = progress->size();
        size.setWidth( size.width() + 180 );
        progress->resize( size );
    }

void MainWindow::SetProgress(int filesProcessed)
    {
        progress->setValue( filesProcessed );
    }

void MainWindow::FinishProgress()
    {
        progress->setLabelText("Finished creating files");
        progress->setCancelButtonText("Finish");
    }

I did made sure I am calling QApplication::processEvents(); in the function loop so messages are processed in GUI. Also tried putting the caller function into a seperate through via the call (below) but it still not display. The debugger tell me the slots are executed and has correct values as expected.

QtConcurrent::run( this, &MainWindow::convertFiles, sourceDir.absolutePath(), destDir.absolutePath() ) ;

[edit: update coding tags SGaist]

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you updating progress directly in your slot ?

Also note that you are recreating a new dialog each time you call InitiateProgress and not really correctly since you are using a QSharedPointer. If you really want to recreate the progress dialog, call reset on progress

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.