Error loading shared libraries: libmpc

• I have an existing project with C++ files. I opened that project on Qt and went to Debug->Start debugging, but I get an error message
    /opt/apps/ossw/applications/gcc/gcc-4.6/sl6/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.6.3/cc1plus:-1: error: error while loading shared libraries: libmpc.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't understand why I'm getting this because I never got this error when I compiled before using CMakeLists and make on Linux

When I tried to search for that file, I see a ton of directories, but they all also say Permission denied on the command prompt

What can I do to resolve this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Do you have that file there ? The rights to access it ? Is it pointing to something valid ?

• As I said, when I tried to search for that file, I see a ton of directories, but they all also say Permission denied on the command prompt

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Permission denied can have several sources, either your user just don't have the rights to access these folders (which is strange) or you may be trying to access a mounted device that's not there anymore.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.