Deleting Content From Main Window (Newb)

• Hi All,

Apologies for having to ask what could be perceived as a 'newbish' question.

I'm fairly new to Qt and so will just go ahead and ask;

What is the procedure for 'calling' new content into your main window? I have tried Googling this but it seems somewhat difficult to phrase

Like any standard app, I want the main window to be fixed but the content inside to change on_Button_clicked for example. Currently all I can figure out how to do is generate a new 'window' - whereas in my case I just want to re-use the existing one with new buttons etc

Once again, apologies if it's a somewhat trivial question

Regards
    Tzepo

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

What exactly would you like to change in your QMainWindow ? Show a different center widget ? Show a dialog ? Something else ?

• [quote author="SGaist" date="1424207695"]Hi and welcome to devnet,

What exactly would you like to change in your QMainWindow ? Show a different center widget ? Show a dialog ? Something else ?[/quote]

Hello!

Thanks for reposnding.

Apologies for my lack of eloquence with the phrasing of the question.

What I'm asking is really basic but I fear I've overcomplicated it.

I'm just wondering how I'd go by re-using my MainWindow so that, for example;

I click on a Button on the MainWindow, but it loads a new page (in the same Window) but with different widgets etc

Just wondering how I could call this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Again, it depends but you have several tools like QStackedWidget if you simply want to change from one widget to another or QTabWidget.

You should take a look at Qt's examples and demos, you'll probably find there something to get started

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.