QML won't save camera settings

• Hi all,

I am using Qt5.2.1 (GCC 4.8, armeabi-v7a) at Windows8.1(x64) and a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.2.2.

I tried to compile the qml example "qdeclarative-camera" and it worked to start the app with the smartphone and save images.

I tried also to modify the source to test some settings like changing exposuretime, iso, focus, contrast, etc.

Whatever I tried to change - contrast, iso or saturation - nothing happened.

[code]
    camera.imageProcessing.saturation = 1
    console.debug( camera.imageProcessing.saturation )
    camera.imageProcessing.contrast = 1
    console.debug( camera.imageProcessing.contrast )[/code]

The output is 0 instead of 1.

What states or status do the camera should have to save the settings? Does it need to be stopped? Does it need a special captureMode? Are the settings reset by the function searchAndLock? Is it a bug at Qt5.2.1? Is Samsung blocking such functions? Do I need special variables in the pro-file like MOBILITY or TARGET.CAPABILITY?

It's very annoying, that I can't find any hint to solve the problem on my own.

Any hint is appreciated.

Greetings,
    Pixtar

• Bumping this as i have the same problem using Qt 5.6.0 on a RPi. Suposedly having something to do with not being able to access camera API?

• Hi Soppe,

I haven't found a solution via QML and/or Qt. The problem is causing (as I think) by Android itself, because Android is updating their OS so fast, that Qt devs cannot follow all the changes they made to the core nearly every month.

My final solution was: Installing Android SDK and developing the app fully in Java.

That wasn't my attention but I needed fully control over the Camera module and also over the Camera2 module.

Regards,
    Pixtar

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.