[SOLVED]Best method to display dynamic images

• Trying to create a image that is changed once a button is pressed. Currently able to display an image fine using setpixmap.

However what I am wondering is, is this the preferred method for displaying images ?

Essentially what I am trying to achieve is be able to change an image displayed based on conditions, so I have created a test program below. However I am not sure how to proceed to make the image change. I thought maybe loading two pixmaps into the heap and then setting a QLabel (don't care if it is a QLabel just want to display an image inside a widget) using setpixmap, however to me this seems like an inefficient method (there is never a time when both are being displayed only one at a time). Am I going in the right direction or should I be looking at other methods ?

@#include "widget.h"

#include <QVBoxLayout>
    #include <QLabel>
    #include <QPushButton>

Widget::Widget(QWidget *parent)
    : QWidget(parent)
    {
    QPixmap image1("C:\Users\Documents\QPixmap\radaroff.png");
    QPixmap image2("C:\Users\Documents\QPixmap\radaron.png");
    QVBoxLayout * layout = new QVBoxLayout(this);
    QLabel * Label = new QLabel(this);
    QPushButton * Button = new QPushButton(this);
    Label->setPixmap(image1);
    layout->addWidget(Label);
    layout->addWidget(Button);
    }

Widget::~Widget()
    {

}
    @

@#ifndef WIDGET_H
    #define WIDGET_H

#include <QWidget>

#include "gui_image.h"

class Widget : public QWidget
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    Widget(QWidget *parent = 0);
    ~Widget();

gui_image * Main_Image;

};

#endif // WIDGET_H
    @

@#include "widget.h"
    #include <QApplication>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    Widget w;
    w.show();

return a.exec(&#41;;

}
    @

Also there will only be a maximum of 3 images so if there is a better method please let me know.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That looks correct for you purpose.

On a side note, you should use the unix notation for paths. Less likely to write wrong things

• Yea good point SGaist didn't think of that btw when I was coding this by mistake wrote this.

QPixmap fImage = filename_off

where as filename_off is a QString to the file being used by the pixmap, which actually worked to my surprise. So checked the documentation for an overloaded operator that took a QString and couldn't find one. So even though it wasn't in the documentation i'm presuming:

QPixmap fImage = filename_off

is the same as

QPixmap fImage = QPixmap(filename_off)

?? Am I right in my thinking?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

AFAIK, the third constructor is used here to construct the pixmap since the two last parameters have default values.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.