Is there any way to add the ODBC driver to Qt 5.4 from the Mac .DMG file?

• Hi,

I'm useless with Macs unfortunately and I'm trying to compile a program written in Qt 5.4 for Windows which requires ODBC driver support.

After a huge amount of head scratching I managed to get the Mac I'm using to connect to my SQL Azure server using FreeTDS and unixODBC installed via Homebrew.

I pointed my app at the FreeTDS driver but got a "Driver Not Loaded Driver Not Loaded" error on compile.

After a lot more head scratching I've realised this is because the .DMG file I downloaded to install Qt5.4 doesn't come with the QODBC driver. Initially I tried to qmake the driver in the clang_64 sqldrivers folder but that obviously didn't work since there was no makefile to use.

I've since tried editing the Homebrew formula for Qt5 but whenever I try to install Homebrew enters interactive mode. I've tried running ./configure make and make install from Homebrew interactive mode but that didn't work.

Can anyone provide simple instructions or a link to a walkthrough for installing Qt5 with ODBC support on a Mac?

Thanks,

Slowly Going Insane (Mike)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

"Here":http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/sql-driver.html#qodbc-for-open-database-connectivity-odbc you can find the procedure to build the driver. First thing you have to install Qt's sources which should be offered by the installer

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.