DllRegisterServer does fail for QTActiveX

• I created a QT ActiveX control using the VS2010 QT Plugin application wizard. The projcet did compile and link but registering the server failed. After some hours I created an empty global function DllRegisterServer in the project, since in meantime I was assuming I had to create the implementation of DllRegisterServer by myself. I got the error message that there are 2 implementations now. I deleted it again. I tried to create the project again and in fact the registration worked now and the AXControl was usable! After some changes I tried again to create the project and the error came up again. Then I observed that after leaving Visual Studio an starting it again (in admin mode) the creation of the project with registration works exactly one time. A second compilation gives the following error messages:

_Creating library A:\DATA\VisualStudioProjects\Test\QTActiveX\Win32\Debug\QTActiveX.lib and object A:\DATA\VisualStudioProjects\Test\QTActiveX\Win32\Debug\QTActiveX.exp
    1> QTActiveX.vcxproj -> A:\DATA\VisualStudioProjects\Test\QTActiveX\Win32\Debug\QTActiveX.dll
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(744,5): warning MSB3075: The command "regsvr32 /s "A:\DATA\VisualStudioProjects\Test\QTActiveX\Win32\Debug\QTActiveX.dll"" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    1> The previous error was converted to a warning because the task was called with ContinueOnError=true.
    1> Build continuing because "ContinueOnError" on the task "Exec" is set to "true".
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(756,5): error MSB8011: Failed to register output. Please try enabling Per-user Redirection or register the component from a command prompt with elevated permissions.
    1>
    1>Build FAILED.

Does anybody know where this strange behaviour comes from?
    Thank you.

• Hi, you're using 64-bit Windows, I think registration using RegSvr32 of old style ActiveX controls requires Admin privileges :-(

One solution is to create a simple .cmd bat-file that just contains the RegSvr32 command, and launch it with "Run as Administrator"; as suggested "here":http://stackoverflow.com/a/8822699/233402

• you could also run Visual Studio as Administrator.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@ kenchan that's a Bad Idea (™) You can break everything when developing as admin/root without even knowing it.

• Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, everything that has been suggested I have already tried. Nothing works.
    As I said: When I start VS with admin rights the registration works one time. Then I have to leave VS and start it again. Then it works again one time. Looks like some files are locked.
    But anyway: This worked only after having declared DllRegisterServer manually in the project, building the project and deleting the declaration again afterwards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.