[SOLVED] - MYSQL driver Found but not Loaded in Windows XP / 2003

• I'm having problems when I want to open an MYSQL database.
    Here's my setup :

• environment variable QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS set to 1
    • O.S. Windows XP / Windows 2003
    • Qt version 5.3
    • Mysql C connector version 6.1.5

Source code executed to open DB :

@
    db.setHostName( hostName );
    db.setDatabaseName( databaseName );
    db.setUserName( databaseUser );
    db.setPassword( databasePassword );

res = db.open();

@

and I got this output :
    @
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Connector.C 6.1/lib/sqldrivers/qsqlmysqld.dll"
    Found metadata in lib C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Connector.C 6.1/lib/sqldrivers/qsqlmysqld.dll, metadata=
    {
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QSqlDriverFactoryInterface",
    "MetaData": {
    "Keys": [
    "QMYSQL3",
    "QMYSQL"
    ]
    },
    "className": "QMYSQLDriverPlugin",
    "debug": true,
    "version": 328450
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("QMYSQL3", "QMYSQL")
    loaded library "C:/Qt/Qt5.3.2/5.3/mingw482_32/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlmysqld.dll"
    QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "C:/Qt/Qt5.3.2/5.3/mingw482_32/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlmysqld.dll" : "Cannot load library C:/Qt/Qt5.3.2/5.3/mingw482_32/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlmysqld.dll: The specified procedure could not be found."
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3 QODBC QODBC3 QPSQL QPSQL7
    @

I've copied the file libmysql.dll to QtXXX/bin/ ... and all other paths indicated by qApp->librartPaths.

But still the same error.

Strange thing is that this same setup works fine on Windows 7.

Ideas ? Suggestions ?

Thanks.

Regards.

Facundo.

[Edited: Added Code tags "@@" - p3c0]

• BTW : dependencywalker shows no error.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you sure that the MySQL dll's can be found by the application e.g. is the folder containing them in the PATH environment variable ?

• Yes. In my case the libmysql.dll is located at C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector.C 6.1\lib\ that it is already in the path.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then, did you check the PATH environment variable in Qt Creator in the Run panel ?

• Yes. Also there. Actually it is defined at operating system level.

• Hi, do you get the same error in Release build (instead of Debug)?

• I have the same problem on Qt 5.4,I use Qt in Windows 7 and Mint17.I have tried " Release build",but error still exist.

And when I get the debug infomation,I find that it says:

libqsqlmysql.so: (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient_r.so.16: version `libmysqlclient_16' not found (required by /opt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/gcc_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so))"

but I just have libmysqlclient_r.so.18... ...
    though I make symbolic links,It still doesn't work

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You need to either install the .16 version or rebuild the plugin against your .18 version

• ... same error on release version ...also now using Qt 5.4 ...

• Hi, googled a bit on why your MySQL Connector/C version 6.1.5 does not load and found some bad news: it seems starting with MySQL version 5.6 using it on Win XP or Win2K3 "is no longer supported":http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-c/en/news-6-1-2.html (not a happy new year :-(

• Thanks for your answer !!! ...
    So I think that in machines with XP or 2003 I'll use another DB.

Regards.
    Facundo.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.