No audio after Qt app is installed [SOLVED]

• I've created a simple wav file streaming app. It is working fine within the development environment. Now I need to deploy it.

I am using BitRock to deploy the app.

BitRock seems to install the app on the test machine correctly. The app launches without complaints about missing DLLs, etc.

When I attempt to cause the app to play a particular wav file it successfully connects to the sever, downloads the wav and begins playing the wav; visually it appears to be working fine. The problem is that no sound comes from the speakers.

Note: I am attempting to deploy a debug build.

Troubleshooting attempted:

1. I guessed the app needed some plug in. Adding the following had no effect:
      <app-install-folder>/plugins/mediaservice/dsengined.dll
      <app-install-folder>/plugins/mediaservice/qtmedia_audioengined.dll
      <app-install-folder>/plugins/mediaservice/wmfengined.dll

Other details:
    Qt 5.4
    OS Win7/64bit
    MSVC 2012

As of now I

• Well, I consider those to be good, common-sense questions. I forgot to add what I did to verify that the target machine was capable of emitting sound.

What I did to validate that the target machine was cable of emitting sound:

1. I installed my player on two different machines. I encountered the same failure on both machines.

2. I ran Microsoft's media player on both target machines. This player emitted sound through the target computers' speakers immediately.

I conducted the following on only one of these machines

1. I checked the volume mixer. All volume controls are set to max.

• UPDATE:
    pklemm "reported":https://qt-project.org/forums/viewreply/149844/ the following solve his problem:

bq. I had plabq. ced the dsengine.dll and qtmedia_audioengine.dll in the folder:
    <app dir>/plugins/mediaservice
    it needs to be:
    <app dir>/mediaservice

I tried this. Didn't help.

For now, I am going with <app dir>/mediaservice

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you start your application from a console setting QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS to 1 ? That should give you more information about what happens with your plugins

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Thanks for sharing your findings !

You also have "here":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Deploy_an_Application_on_Windows a nicely illustrated wiki entry about Window's deployment that shows the folder structure.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.