QAudioDecoder - defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.audiodecode"

• Hello,

I want to use QAudioDecoder (Debian 7).

My testcode:
    .h

QAudioDecoder decoder_;

.cpp

QAudioFormat format;
        format.setByteOrder(QAudioFormat::BigEndian);
        format.setChannelCount(2);
        format.setCodec("audio/x-raw");
        format.setSampleRate(44800);
        format.setSampleSize(16);
        format.setSampleType(QAudioFormat::UnSignedInt);

decoder_.setAudioFormat(format);
        decoder_.setSourceFilename("/home/psy-kai/Downloads/tpimd.mp3");
        decoder_.start();

But it just outputs:
    defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.audiodecode"

So I compiled qmultimedia with openal, alsa, pulseaudio and gstreamer successfully from sources.
    My way to compile qmultimedia:
    1.) Downloading ALL missing dev-packages (for openal, alsa, pulseaudio, gstreamer and v4l)
    2.) cd qtmultimedia
    3.) qmake
    output:

Checking for openal... yes
    Checking for alsa... yes
    Checking for pulseaudio... yes
    Checking for gstreamer... yes
    Checking for gstreamer_photography... yes
    Checking for gstreamer_encodingprofiles... yes
    Checking for gstreamer_appsrc... yes
    Checking for linux_v4l... yes
    Checking for resourcepolicy... no
    Checking for gpu_vivante... no

4.) make

Then I copied all from the newly created lib-directory to my main qt lib-directory. But when I run my application it just outputs the same error again.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should start your application with the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable set to 1, you should then see what happens when you application tries to load its plugins.

• ok, I did not know that with QMultimedia real Qt-plugins (ref: like http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/plugins-howto.html or http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/deployment-plugins.html if i am right) are used.
    So now I gonna need to recompile qtmultimedia for version 5.0 (need the plugins for version 5.0, i have 5.3.2). Is there a difference for Qt between 5.0 and 5.0.2? In the 5.0 version the MODULE_VERSION misses in qmake.conf and when I add it the compiler complain about a missing source-file... (same when I use the source from 5.3.2 and change MODULE_VERSION to 5.0.0)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Why do you need to mix plugin versions ?

• Now I have installed Qt 5.3.2. But I write a plugin (no qt-plugin, just a normal C++ library) for an application which is using and shipped with Qt 5.0(.?).

*I did not know which Qt5 version was used by the main application, I just knew it was Qt5.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then you should rather work with the same version of Qt than the one that is shipped with the application

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.