AddressView Qutlook Example (ActiveQt) updated to Qt5
Well to make a long story short I placed another ticket for IT to fix the issues with Outlook 2010 "rules" and after a long talk with our local IT expert it became clear that what I wanted to do would have to be done via the Microsoft Outlook api and deeper dive. So I did a google "Qt Outlook" and low and behold I found this piece of code written for Qt4 by Digia as an example
I went ahead and updated the Qt4 application "Qutlook" for Qt5 as it looks to be a nice starting point for dealing with Microsoft Outlook. You will find only minor changes to the original source to get the "Qutlook" Qt4 application to work with Outlook 2010 and Qt5
I did change the name of the Application to AddressView, so a new name for the project file
"Modified Code can be found here on GitHub"https://github.com/thurberdog/AddressView
I have noticed a number of folks on the web had trouble finding "msoutl.h", it's located in the build directory and is all uppercase, original code had lowercase in the #include "msoutl.h" so I changed this to match the actual file name #include "MSOUTL.h" .
Thanks for sharing your update! Would you be willing to "contribute your patch":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Setting-up-Gerrit directly into the Qt Project?
JKSH, Thanks for the link on setting up Gerrit. I am still a little lost on where the docs and examples get hidden away so it may take me a bit to find where I need to make a change. I went ahead and filled an issue to get the webpage updated https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTWEBSITE-604, be happy to submit the code changes once I get setup and find where the code is located.
Hi and welcome to devnet,
The code is in qt/examples/activeqt/qutlook
Happy coding !
SGaist Thanks I found qutlook right under my nose in the examples where it should be. Loaded the example and hit the issue
C:\Qt\Examples\Qt-5.3\activeqt\qutlook\addressview.cpp:43: error: C1083: Cannot open include file: 'msoutl.h': No such file or directory
Changed original line 43 from #include "msoutl.h" to #include "MSOUTL.h"
Now the file is found and all works, now just need to contribute the change.
When you've done that, post the link to your Gerrit submission here, or PM me. I'd be happy to review it for you.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.