Installing Qt4 SDK for use with Eric

• Hi All,

I have a problem.

I want to use the Qt4 Designer with Eric. If I install qt4-designer using apt-get, eric finds and opens the Qt-Designer just fine, but Qt-Designer does not give me the webkit widgets with this method of install.

If I download and install the Qt SDK, I do get the webkit widgets, but Eric is not able to locate Qt Designer.

I have tried to install the SDK, then rename the designer application to designer-qt4 and replace the app created by installing Qt Designer with apt-get, but this still does not give me the webkit widgets.

What do I need to do? Can anyone help me, I already spent the best part of 10 hours on this problem.

Edit: Remember QT is QuickTime....USE Qt!!!!!

• Well some place to start :

• what/who is eric ?
    • what platform are you working on ? apt-get seems ubuntu/debian flavour, but which one ?

And it seems more like an "eric" issue than a Qt one from an external point of view...

• Eric is the a Python IDE. It uses QT for the development of GUI's which are then translated to python code with PYQT.

I am working on Ubuntu 10.10

I know that this may be an Eric issue, however I have not been able to find any Eric forums to post this issue on and I know that many users who use Eric will use QT Designer and may frequent these forums.

Hope someone is able to point me in the right direction.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.