Qt 5.3/5.4-Alpha's Qml FileDialog on Android (cannot save to a new file name)

• Is there anybody else out there in the Qt community that is concerned about the missing functionality in the FileDialog QML control on Android? It seems it is impossible to define a new file name using the FileDialog QML control for creating a new file to write to.

Qt is great and I really appreciate all the hard work that has been done more recently to get it on Android and iOS platforms, However there seems to be a gaping hole in the functionality here that I would expect to have for Android.

Every program needs input and output yes? So I would like to be able to save information to files as well as open them and hence having a FileDialog that allows new file names to be defined should be a priority for many Android developers I would imagine. There is a bug report for this issue "[QTBUG-39435]":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39435 please vote for it to be fixed if you are also concerned.

Best regards

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.