Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Updated to Xcode 6.01, now my qt project has #include errors

• I just finished upgrading to XCode 6.01. And tried to recompile my Qt Creator project. I am getting this error:

@/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/iosfwd:90: error: 'wchar.h' file not found
    #include <wchar.h> // for mbstate_t
    ^@

I'm guessing some include files were moved in Xcode 6.01. Wonder if anyone has any advice how fix this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you do a full clean rebuild ?

• Yes. It crashes right at the beginning. I see there is a new version of Qt Creator. I'm going to install it.

• I found the answer in stack overflow, but when I pasted the link here I did something wrong. The gist of the answer was this:

Find qdevice.pri in you Qt install directory:

/users/nic/Qt/5.3/clang_64/mkspecs/qdevice.pri

and change the line

@!host_build:QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.8@

to

@!host_build:QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.9@

• wchar.h is a system header file located at /usr/include/wchar.h (or SDK/usr/include/wchar.h). It doesn't appear to have moved since Mac OS X 10.4 (oldest SDK I can find) and is still there in Mac OS X 10.10.

I have no (compiling) problems with Xcode 6.

Check your install!

• My previous post seems to be the root cause of my errors.

• ah yes, there is no macosx10.8 with Xcode 6

• The one side effect of doing the change I came up with above is the debugger now fails to launch. Not sure if anyone at Qt has a suggestion to fix Qt Creator to work with OSX 10.9?

• yeah, debugging does not work with Xcode 6. See this thread for a few workarounds:

http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/47578/#195525

• The final fix for this was to rename the 6.01 version of Xcode to XCode6 and reinstall XCode 5.1.1. I had to still screw around with the debugger settings before the debugger fired back up. Quite a pain. But it seems to be working now.

I am guessing the upcoming release of Qt Creator coming will resolve the XCode 6/OSX changes?