[SOLVED] Qt5: Cannot set application font (OTF) from resource

• Hi,
    i have a problem setting an customized application font, loaded from resource file.

I added an OTF font to my resource file.

Then i try to set this font as default application font like this:

@if(-1 == QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont("qrc:/resources/Mohave.otf"))
    {
    qCritical() << "couldn't add application font";
    }@

But somehow it does not work.

The output is:

@Unable to register font: Error Domain=com.apple.coretext Code=-1 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.coretext error -1 - Could not register the font file 'qrc:/resources/Mohave.otf -- file://localhost/development/qtcreator-workspace/test/trunk/TEST-App/')" UserInfo=0x101f24cb0 {NSDescription=Could not register the font file 'qrc:/resources/Mohave.otf -- file://localhost/development/qtcreator-workspace/test/trunk/TEST/', CTFailedFontFileURL=qrc:/resources/Mohave.otf -- file://localhost/development/qtcreator-workspace/test/trunk/TEST/}
    couldn't add application font@

I am using Mac OS but this font should be used for all devices (Android, iOS...)

Any ideas?

Greetings,
    Nando

• News:

Somehow without using the Qt resource file like this it works:

@if(-1 == QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont("resources/Mohave.otf"))
    {
    qCritical() << "couldn't add application font";
    }@

• can you post the content of the qrc fiile? I thing is a path isue here. did yu tried @:/resources/Mohave.otf@

• That's it ;)
    Thank you!!!

[quote author="arsinte_andrei" date="1410546027"]can you post the content of the qrc fiile? I thing is a path isue here. did yu tried @:/resources/Mohave.otf@[/quote]

• I have the same problem:

@
    if(QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont(":/tex-gyre-adventor.bold.otf") == -1)
    qCritical << "no font loaded";
    @

output:
    @
    program received signal -111, thread:40e9;qaddr:3c4a1280;00:00000000;01:406nd07;02:f85 ecc ecc
    @

• I have the same problem:

@
    if(QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont(":/tex-gyre-adventor.bold.otf") == -1)
    qCritical << "no font loaded";
    @

output:
    @
    program received signal -111, thread:40e9;qaddr:3c4a1280;00:00000000;01:406nd07;02:f85 ecc ecc
    @

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.