QT Video Playing on Embedded Linux

• Hi ,

I am struggling with playing video on embedded linux, I am trying compile qt4 on buildroot also I added demos and examples on rootfs.When I tried to execute qmediaplayer or capabilities examples it says missing plugins gstreamer-good but I chosed all gst-base,good ,bad,ugly.When I tried to play .mpg files video is playing very slow and colors are broken.Also 'gst-launch ... filedir ffmpeg ! ... ' works perfect for .mpg but it doesnt work for .mp4 and .avi .

İs there a way to point plugin directory? (I thinks it finds: problem is codec)
    What is the correct building options on buildroot for playing a video with Qt?
    Can I solve this problem when I use QT5?
    When I Check the lib files I coulndt liboil and libcheck, does it solve adding them to rootfs?

Please help me to solve.

Ümit.

• What version of gstreamer do you have?
    Qt uses gstreamer-0.10 as its multimedia backend on linux.

• Hi andreyc,

I use gstreamer-0.10 , not gstreamer-1.0.I think gstreamer is working problem is gst-plugins-good -bad -ugly .

Ümit.

• [quote author="umtkyck" date="1407161279"]Also ‘gst-launch … filedir ffmpeg ! … ‘ works perfect for .mpg but it doesnt work for .mp4 and .avi .[/quote]

To play mp4 and avi you need qtdemux and avidemux plugins.
    They are part of gst-plugins-good0.10.
    To make sure that you have bot installed run
    @
    gst-inspect-0.10 qtdemux
    gst-inspect-0.10 avidemux
    @

[quote author="umtkyck" date="1407172184"]I think gstreamer is working problem is gst-plugins-good -bad -ugly .[/quote]
    gstreamer is a core framework that provides a mechanism to build a media pipeline. The plugins do all job inside the pipeline. So if you don't have correct plugings gstreamer will not work.

• When I write 'gst-inspect-0.10 qtdemux' on embedded linux ,
    Output: "No such element or plugin 'qtdemux'"
    @
    $gst-inspect-0.10 avidemux
    Output:
    "Factory Details:
    Long name: Avi demuxer
    Class: Codec/Demuxer
    Description: Demultiplex an avi file into audio and video
    Author(s): Erik Walthinsen omega@cse.ogi.edu, Wim Taymans wim.taymans@chello.be, Thijs Vermeir thijsvermeir@gmail.com

Plugin Details:
    Name: avi
    Description: AVI stream handling
    Filename: /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so
    Version: 0.10.31
    License: LGPL
    Source module: gst-plugins-good
    Source release date: 2012-02-20
    Binary package: GStreamer Good Plug-ins source release
    Origin URL: Unknown package origin

GObject
    +----GstObject
    +----GstElement
    +----GstAviDemux
    "
    @
    Yeah problem may be on qtdemux how can I active it?

Thanks.

• I couldnt find qtdemux on buildroot ,
    What can be the correct configuration on buildroot to play video with Qt Phonon.?

Ümit.

• Ok I found the solution , qtdemux is "isomp4" plugin.

The biggest problem now is video is playing very slow and ,its color is really bad.How can I fix it ?

Ümit.

• With gst-launch it plays well but with Qt qmediaplayer video plays very slowly.How can I solve this?

• What HW are you working on?
    Do you output directly to FB? If yes, do you use directFB?

• I am working on MX53 and application is working on FB , I can use DirectFB but is it lightweighter than FB? Video is playing , but very slow and CPU is at ps.
    May problem be on phonon and its backend.?

• I have never worked with MX53.
    MX53 does have graphic accelerator. Are you using freescale drivers to make use of them, maybe in combination with directFB?

• Problem still occurs... I want to use mplayer instead of gstreamer how can I change phonon backend from libphonon_gstreamer.so to libphonon_mplayer.so.?

• @umtkyck
    Hi!
    We have the same problem here and has struggled for a few weeks for playing video on our i.mx6 sabresd board running qt4-embedded. Even though we have already put isomp4 lib inside the plugins folder, we still cannot make the video playback work. Could you kindly share you experience? Thanks!
    Vincent

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.