problem related to the file .exe

• I have started a project in Qt Creator but when compile it poster this message:

Executable C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\build-tpzero2-Desktop_Qt_5_3_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\tpzero2.exe does not exist.

Can somebody help me and thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Do you have an antivirus running ? If so, try to disable it and rebuild your application, some antivirus software tends to think that self compiled application are a threat

• i have disabled the antivirus as you said but the problem is not solved

• Is tpzero2 your project?
    Why is it located in QtCreator directory *C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin* ?

• Yes it is.I think the path is not the problem because I have other projects with the same path .

• You have other projects and they work correctly. Is it right?

After you built tpzero2 and got "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\build-tpzero2-Desktop_Qt_5_3_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\tpzero2.exe does not exist." did you check if the file exists?

What does "Projects/Run Settings" says about executable file?
    If you try to create a simple Qt App do you have similar error?

Could you post .pro file.

• Yes they all work correctly.

For this project only the icon exist but for the other projects there are icon with the name of the project.
    I have tried to create a Qt App and there are no errors.

.pro file :
    @
    TEMPLATE = app
    QT += webkitwidgets
    TARGET =
    DEPENDPATH += .
    INCLUDEPATH += .

SOURCES +=
    main.cpp
    FenPrincipale.cpp

HEADERS +=
    FenPrincipale.h
    @

I have took a screen capture for the run settings but I don't know how I post it

[andreyc EDIT]: Added '@' around the code.

• I think TARGET should not be empty.

You can put image to http://imgbox.com/ for example and put a link here.

• Thank you very much for the help #andreyc. As you said the problem is in the target because when I put TARGET as a comment the problem is solved.
    Thank you again.

• Thank you also #SGaist.

• Hi, sorry for answering to this old post, but I think It could be usefull.

In my case, I had the same error "Executable *****.exe does not exist."

In order to find a solution, I executed the .exe directly from the Debug folder, and in this case, an error appears: "Program cannot start because a ***.dll is missing", so the problem was there, I miss to include a neccessary DLL into the debug folder, and the Qt IDE Creator didn't give you that information. Once the .dll was placed in the folder, everytning worked fine.

I hope this could be usefull for someone in the future.

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.