Update of Qt project (for Android) necessary? Reason for app crash on startup?

• I started developing an application for Android with the 5.1 beta version. In the meanwhile 5.3.1 is available.

I recognized that projects created with current Qt versions have changes regarding the project structure. I didn't adapt the project structure created with Qt5.1.

Is this necessary?

Furthermore do I need to update the QTQuick import versions in the QML files?

Currently my app crashes with 5.3 / 5.3.1 on startup and I'm wondering whether this is connected to the project structure.

• Moderators

You don't give us much information. So, genral answers:

• yes, please bump the QML import versions, this way you enable all the new, good stuff that has been added between 5.1 and 5.3 (and there is a lot)
    • changing project structure: I don't know what you mean, I suspect the default QML viewer class that QtCreator creates. Well, I never use that viewer, I prefer using raw QQuickView. But no changes should be necessary in your case
    • please provide more information about the crash. Compile and run your application in debug mode, with debugger attached, and see where it fails

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.