QT_NO_DEBUG used by files generated by moc

• Hi guys,

I am using Qt4 and Qt5 with visual studio and I was stuck on a "bug" that told me that my plugin was compiled in debug when my project was in release, which was not the case.

After checking lots of thing, I found that the file generated by moc.exe was relying on QT_NO_DEBUG to be defined in Release mod. I looked in Qt documentation and can't find anything about this macro, did I missed something ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

No you didn't, it's mentioned e.g. "here":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/debug.html

This macro is defined when you are using Qt in release mode and QT_DEBUG when using the debug mode.

Are you sure that you didn't forgot to rebuild something ? Or that you where looking in the wrong place for the plugin ?

• Hi,

Since I am using Visual Studio and its own build system, I don't have these macro declared by qmake (that I don't use). Is there any place where I can find all macro that are declared by qmake so I can add them to my build system when necessary ?

The url that you pointed out speaks about enabling/disabling Q_ASSERT, Q_ASSERT_X, and other debugging macro. How can I meet this page when I use a Q_PLUGIN, with the Q_INTERFACES macro that uses QT_NO_DEBUG in the generated MOC file ?

My feeling is that there is something missing in the plugin documentation or in the general macro you need to provide when compiling Qt base projects and/or moc generated files.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I'd take a look at the qmake manual and if it doesn't contain what you need then go through the source

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.