[Solved] QTableView and QSqlQueryModel: Change number of rows first loaded from model.

• I am currently creating a tool to preview data from SQL database tables. I have QTableView that shows the data, and run-time I connect a QSqlQueryModel based on user click in a list of table names. The data is fetched from a SQLite database.

Simplified, this is how i populate the view:

@
    QString query = query = "SELECT * FROM " % ui.lswPreviewTables->currentItem()->text();
    QSqlQueryModel currentDataModel->setQuery(query, currentDatabase);
    tableView->setModel(currentDataModel);
    tableView->show();
    @

My quyestion is: Is there a way to reduce the number of rows initially loaded? I have read somewhere in the forums that this is 255 or 256 rows. For a click-and-hold function for preview, the loading is a bit too slow when columns exceeds 70.

Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Depending on your needs, you could simply add a LIMIT to your query

Hope it helps

• That was really clever, SGaist. I don't know why that did not cross my mind. I want the user to be able to scroll the QTableView to see more data. Maybe a solution is to remove LIMIT from the model's query as soon as the scrollbar value changes.

Thank you for your help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.