Does Qt5.3 beta support qt-android camera in C++ ?

• Hi , everyone
    These days ,i want to test the camera functions in qt android . I test the camera demo , and it is only useful in windows. I make a camera test demo by myself , but it do not success in android phone.
    My question is : does qt version now support android camera in C++ now ? ( i do not want to use QML)
    thank very much !
    Here is some core code about my test demo .

@
    QList<QCameraInfo> cameras = QCameraInfo::availableCameras();

foreach (const QCameraInfo &cameraInfo, cameras)
      {
          qDebug()<< cameraInfo.deviceName();
          if((cameraInfo.deviceName()=="front") )
          {
              camera = new QCamera(cameraInfo);
          }

}

camera->setCaptureMode(QCamera::CaptureStillImage);

view_finder = new QCameraViewfinder();

camera->setViewfinder(view_finder);

camera_image_capture = new QCameraImageCapture(camera);

camera->start();
    @

[edit: added missing coding tags @ SGaist]

• http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_Android_known_issues

Since the multimedia widgets module is not supported in 5.3 android, you can't view the real-time camera feed with just QWidgets, AFAIK you will need to use QML for that.

I was able to run the camera example on 5.2.1 and take pictures with a Samsung Note 2, but the live camera feed was blank.

I don't know what the situation will be on 5.3 release.

• Oh. thank you ! it's seems i have to learn QML now , ^_^
    [quote author="ltr6" date="1400139561"]http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_Android_known_issues Since the multimedia widgets module is not supported in 5.3 android, you can't view the real-time camera feed with just QWidgets, AFAIK you will need to use QML for that. I was able to run the camera example on 5.2.1 and take pictures with a Samsung Note 2, but the live camera feed was blank. I don't know what the situation will be on 5.3 release.[/quote]

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.