[Solved] Problem with rebuild QT4.8.5 by cross tool chain Angstrom

• Hi all,

Two week ago, i have built success QT4.8.5 with cross tool chain is Angstrom. And then i also run one application design by Qt-creator on Black Beagle Bone -LCD 7 inch. After that, i have some problem with ubuntu and have to re-install it.
    Now I can not rebuild Qt, it have some error

@arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c -o qfilesystementry.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include -I/home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore -I/home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/global -I/home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/xml -I/home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi//usr/share/qtopia/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/io/qfilesystementry.cpp
    In file included from /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore/private/qfilesystemmetadata_p.h:1,
    from /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore/private/../../../src/corelib/io/qfsfileengine_p.h:60,
    from /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore/private/qfsfileengine_p.h:1,
    from /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/src/corelib/io/qfilesystementry.cpp:46:
    /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/include/QtCore/private/../../../src/corelib/io/qfilesystemmetadata_p.h:228: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
    /home/mlsusr020/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-**4.8.5/include/QtCore/private/../../../src/corelib/io/qfilesystemmetadata_p.h:228: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QT_DIRENT' with no type
    make: *** [qfilesystementry.o] Error 1@

please help me to solve this problem, i really appriciate it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Did you reconfigure Qt the same way as the first time ?

• Hi SGaist,

Yes, i reconfigure Qt the same way as the first time follow AndrewTaneGlen's instruction in this forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/RYmfcZmIhbA.

It worked well in the first time. May be I have mistake somewhere.

Thank for your support
    Best regards,

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you restart configure from a clean state ?

• Hi SGaist,

yes, i delete old source file, untar new source and install follow instruction. I also delete angstrom, reinstall ubuntu two times. But it still does not work.

Thanks for your support
    Best regard,

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What configure options did you use ?

• Hi SGaist,

I did
    @ ./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -embedded arm -little-endian -prefix /opt/qt-arm -no-cups -no-accessibility -reduce-relocations -no-nas-sound -no-sm -no-nis -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -qt-zlib -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 -no-pch -no-dbus -no-glib -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-webkit -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-qt3support -nomake docs -nomake translations -exceptions -no-fast@

and i am sure that enviroment file has run already, when i type arm-angstrom- and tab press, the output is

@arm2hpdl arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gfortran
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-addr2line arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gprof
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ar arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-as arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-nm
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-c++filt arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-objcopy
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-cpp arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-objdump
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ranlib
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-readelf
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gccbug arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-run
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcov arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-size
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gdb arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-strings
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gdbtui arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-strip@

about file in path mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++/qmake.conf, i have edited

@#

qmake configuration for building with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++

include(../../common/linux.conf)
    include(../../common/gcc-base-unix.conf)
    include(../../common/g++-unix.conf)
    include(../../common/qws.conf)

modifications to g++.conf

QMAKE_CC = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
    QMAKE_CXX = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
    QMAKE_LINK = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
    QMAKE_LINK_SHLIB = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++

modifications to linux.conf

QMAKE_AR = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ar cqs
    QMAKE_OBJCOPY = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-objcopy
    QMAKE_STRIP = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-strip

load(qt_config)@

about error, it happens when i use ./configure command.
    Thank for your support,
    Best regard.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

can you run it with -v to see if you have some additional information about the failure ?

• Hi SGaist,

I have use configure with -v and detect that it configure to generate qmake with arm-linux-gnueabi-g++. The problem is here, it has compile with g++ beacause qmake has to run on linux PC enviroment.

Enviroment-setup (in usr/angstrom/local/) caused this error when i run it first and then do ./configure command, may be some flag or parameter effect to build configure.

It works well now. Thank you very much
    Best regard,

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Don't forget to keep that noted somewhere in case you have to do the reinstallation ;)

Happy coding !

• Hello expertises,

I need help to install cross compile for QT on my host PC:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bits, VMware workstation on Windows 8.1.

Target-> Beaglebone Black angstrom kernel 3.8.

Please any help...

• Hi weza_hss,

I did follow AndrewTaneGlen's instructions in this site https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/RYmfcZmIhbA

You should try it. Everything will be fine.

ps: It will be better if you say the problem you faced

Happy codding!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.