QtCreator 2.4.1, autocomplete issue with menu actions

• I'm using QtCreator 2.4.1 with Qt 4.7.4 on Windows 7 on one machine.

I've started a new project.

• entered a few actions
    • renamed them
    • added additional actions & renamed them
    • assigned slots

Then I've wanted to enabled/disable some according to specific conditions.
    a) first, I've noted that autocomplete offers me old names - before renaming them
    to compile had to correct to new action name
    b) second, only part of the actions are listed (missing ones from step 3 in above list)

Tried to clean the project, run qmake, rebuild it, restart QtCreator,... but nothing helped

Any idea?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Consider updating Qt Creator, the latest version is 3.1

• Thanks for your answer. But...

It would require upgrade to Qt5 and rewrite part of old projects I have there.

Meanwhile, I remembered I had this problem in the past and have a workaround for it.
    The problem is fully reproducible:

• when you have multiple projects opened, containing files with same filenames (e.g.: mainwindow.h/cpp)
    • then QtCreator (at least predecesors of 3.X) reads variables/functions/etc. from wrong files, not from the active project

So, I removed other projects and overcome the problem.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Not at all, Qt Creator doesn't impose such a restriction. The Qt version used to build Qt Creator has nothing to do with the one you use for development e.g. you can use the same for desktop/Android/iOS/embedded linux development. Except that if you want to use Qt 5.2 and upper you have to use Qt Creator 3 or above.

I remember having a similar problem, but I haven't tried with the latest version.

Anyway, glad you found a workaround

• I can differentiate between QtCreator and Qt itself.
    But when I've tried this step I had some issues, so I kept the QtSDK 1.2.1 as it is.

Will probably retry using the new IDE with old framework.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.