Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[solved] QAudioInput 4.6.2 - witch chanel will be first?

• Hi, All!

I have written a program, it have got bytes from QAudioInput, analyse its and write to file whet it need. But I have a very starnge effect - first sample coming from right or left channel random (I use stereo). Who can help me?
    @bytesPerSecond = settings.channels()*settings.frequency()*settings.sampleSize()/bitsInByte;

outArray.resize(bytesPerSecond/partOfSecond);
    outArray.fill(0x00);

audioInput = new QAudioInput(settings, reinterpret_cast<QObject*>(this));
    /*    qDebug() << "started with: \n\r Frequency:" <&lt; audioInput-&gt;format().frequency()\
                 << "\n\r N of chanels:" <&lt; audioInput-&gt;format().channels()\
                 << "\n\r SampleSize:" <&lt; audioInput-&gt;format().sampleSize()\
                 << "\n\r SampleType:" <&lt; audioInput-&gt;format().sampleType()\
                 << "\n\r ByteOrder:" <&lt; audioInput-&gt;format().byteOrder();
                 */

// debug info always the same!!!
    audioInput->start( &buffer);
    // audioInput->suspend();
    @

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

What OS are you using ?

On a side note, you don't need to cast this. In the other cases, you should use qobject_cast when dealing with QObject derived class.

• Linux embedded, ARM 9,based on Debian.
    About cast - I will try it without cast. On desktop it builded ok. And I should try to write wav thirdsite program, I think.

• All, I localised the problem. I run arecord utilite few times, and - the same effect! It means - reason isn't in Qt . Sorry

• Lifetime Qt Champion

No problem :)

Then, can you update the thread title prepending [solved] ? So other forum users may know an answer has been found :)

Happy coding !