Creating 64 bit version of my application?

• Hi,
    I am successful in developing my application with Qt 4.8.1 with MinGW compiler for 32 bit Windows.
    Now I want to support 64 bit version of my application too.
    I want to move on to the latest version of Qt i.e. Qt5.2 and already have downloaded the source files.

The problem is that I dont know whether I have to build the entire Qt or just the dll's that I am using - QtCore4.dll QtGui4.dll and QtNetwork4.dll?
    Since I already have the source code for my application I just need to compile it in 64.
    So for building my 64 bit application do I only need to build the required modules of Qt?
    If yes then how do do this?
    Please forgive me if I am asking a basic question, but this is my first time with application development and hence am looking for some help...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

To build a 64bit application you need to either download or build a 64 bit version of Qt.

You can find "here":http://www.tver-soft.org/qt64 unofficial packages of Qt that includes a MinGW 64 bit version

Hope it helps

• Thank You SGaist for your reply.
    Qt for my compiler is not available, I have to build my own Qt.
    But my question is that whether I need to build all of the Qt modules or just the ones I am using?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Depends on your future development tasks, so it's really up to you

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.