How to prevent device from sleep while application is running

• Hi,

I have an android application to show slideshow. The device after some time, gets the screen dim, and goes off and locked. How can I avoid this, until user quits the application.

Like similar to "android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" and call some functions.. I'm not sure exactly.

Thanks in advance :)

• One solution, if I'm not wrong, is :

[ANDROID]
    Go to Settings -> Security -> Screen Lock and select NONE

[iOS]
    Go to Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock and select NEVER

I'm not sure this can be done programatically (probably not using Qt). But (on Android) using Java Native Interface (JNI), it can :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4736354/how-to-enable-or-disable-autolock-in-android

• Thanks for the reply.

Screen Lock - > select NONE will only just doesn't lock the device, but the screen will dim and turns off after the set timeout in setting->Display->Dimmer and Settings->Display->Sleep. These settings doesn't have a NONE option. :(

So from Qt there is no way to acquire this?

• You can add
    getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON,WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON);
    on QtActivity.java

• peterlin82 : can you tell me where to add? I have no idea where is QtActivity.java

My application code is just same like desktop application:

@#include "pricechecker.h"
    #include <QApplication>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    PriceChecker w;
    w.show();

QFile styleFile &#40;":/style/styleFile.qss"&#41;;
    if (true == styleFile.open(QFile::ReadOnly&#41;)
    {
        QString style(styleFile.readAll());
        a.setStyleSheet(style);
    }

return a.exec(&#41;;

}
    @

I am using Qt 5.2

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.