BeagleBone Black & absolute beginner in QT

• I read until my eyes are RED! I still don't get it. Please show me where they exist, or tell me the steps to use for the BeagleBone Black (BBB), with Angstrom. If necessary, i can put another version of the OS on the BBB. I do need the 3d graphics, though.

What I would like to do is cross-compile on the host PC and put whatever is necessary on the BBB to run standalone.

I have these platforms I can use for the heavy lifting:

1. Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit on a 6-core PC with 16 Gig of memory, and lots of disk space,
    2. Fedora, and
    3. laptop running Winblows 7 with i7 processor (8-way?), lots of RAM, and lots of disk space, with a 250Gb ssd.

The end goal is using QT to tinker with the BBB and sensors, with pretty 3D OpenGL animated displays. :)

I have been programming since 1977, with a preference for C and relational DBMS's, I have never used QT or programmed a true embedded/mobile system before.

thanks,
    David

• Hi, I think BeagleBone is similar to Raspberry PI. I normally write the program using my Debian 7 machine and then, when the program is ready and tested on my machine, I use a QEmu machine to compile the program for Raspnerry PI (arm).
    If you want you can download a Qt program for Rasperry PI from my website.
    Which Linux distribution has BeagleBone? Debian too?

• At the moment the BBB has the default Angstrom but it is fairly easy to chane (I hope!)

I don't know how a program for the RPi will help while I'm still trying to figure out how to set up the entire QT environment.

Thanks, though.

In re-reading my original post I find I did not make that clear. I loaded QT 5.2 on the Ubuntu PC and onto the Winblows machine (at least I think it worked on the Windows laptop.) Not sure how to tell. Question is: now what do I do?

• Sorry, which kind of business do you have with BBB?

• BeagleBone Black. see original post.

• Ok, sorry for my bad english.
    If you have a good project idea and you are looking for partnership please send me an email.

Regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.