IOS BackgroundFetch in Qt

• Hello,

I am interested in making an iOS(7.0) application that can perform data fetches from the internet while in the background. How do I implement this in Qt?

In Xcode, I would normally go to the capabilites tab for the project, select background modes -> background fetch

Then I would go to my AppDelegate.m and add something like
    @- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions
    {
    [application setMinimumBackgroundFetchInterval:UIApplicationBackgroundFetchIntervalMinimum];

return YES;

}@

And then add a delegate method

@-(void)application:(UIApplication *)application performFetchWithCompletionHandler:(void (^)(UIBackgroundFetchResult))completionHandler{
    // We will add content here soon.
    }@

So is it possible to implement this type of program with Qt5 and deploy to ios? I also looked at my projects simple xcodeproject that is generated when I build the iOS version. I can still go to the project and set the background mode, but I am not sure if I can just cram in an implementation somewhere of the appdelegate in that generated project. Any help is appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.