[Solved] "the procedure entry point _Z4endlR11QTextStream could not be located in the dynamic link library QTCore.dll"?

• Im trying to deploy my application but when I run it the executable I get the error message of "the procedure entry point _Z4endlR11QTextStream could not be located in the dynamic link library QTCore.dll". I copied all the .dll files from C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\bin\ into C:\Deployment\ and all the folders from C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\plugins\ into C:\Deployment\ like the guide said. Any input on what im doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Which compiler did you use to compile your application?
    Does it run when started in Qt creator?
    Or did you use msvc2010 to compile and run application?

• Moderators

Hi,

That message usually means you've copied the wrong version of a DLL.

• What compiler did you use to build your application?
    • What versions of Qt do you have installed in your PC?
    • Can you double-check that you took the DLLs from C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\bin, and not from Qt Creator's folder?

• [quote author="koahnig" date="1391957150"]Which compiler did you use to compile your application?
    Does it run when started in Qt creator?
    Or did you use msvc2010 to compile and run application? [/quote]

I didn't use a compiler I used the executable from release in a file along with all the folders from msvc2010 bin and all the dll's from msvc2010 plugins. When I run it in QT creator it works fine. Im not sure what msvc2010 is.

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1391957250"]Hi,

That message usually means you've copied the wrong version of a DLL.

• What compiler did you use to build your application?
    • What versions of Qt do you have installed in your PC?
    • Can you double-check that you took the DLLs from C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\bin, and not from Qt Creator's folder?[/quote]

I dont think I used a compiler I just used the executable from release in a file along with all the folders from msvc2010 bin and all the dll’s from msvc2010 plugins. It works when I compile it in QT Creator though. I have version QT Creator 3.0.0 I think, that's what comes up in "About Qt Creator." Yeah I took the DLLs from that location except Qt\5.2.0 not 5.2.1

• Moderators

[quote]I dont think I used a compiler I just used the executable from release in a file [/quote]
    The compiler is the tool that you used to convert your source code into the .exe file. Qt Creator simply runs the compiler that you already have.

[quote]Im not sure what msvc2010 is.[/quote]

• MSVC is the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. It is part of Visual Studio (VS) or the Windows SDK.
    • MinGW is the Minimalist GNU for Windows toolchain, which contains the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) compiler.

When you choose a package from http://qt-project.org/downloads , you must pick the package that matches the your compiler. A MSVC DLL cannot be used with an .exe file that was produced with MinGW, and vice-versa. In fact, an MSVC 2010 DLL cannot be used with an .exe file that was produced with MSVC 2012.

Did you install Visual Studio?

[quote]I have version QT Creator 3.0.0 I think,[/quote]Qt is the library. Qt Creator is an IDE.

Your version of Qt Creator won't affect your program, but your version of Qt is important. Which Qt package(s) did you download?

• Was it something like "Qt 5.2.1 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8, OpenGL, 634 MB)"?
    • Or "Qt 5.2.1 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, 518 MB)"?
    • Or something completely different?

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1391958471"][quote]I dont think I used a compiler I just used the executable from release in a file [/quote]
    The compiler is the tool that you used to convert your source code into the .exe file. Qt Creator simply runs the compiler that you already have.

[quote]Im not sure what msvc2010 is.[/quote]

• MSVC is the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. It is part of Visual Studio (VS) or the Windows SDK.
    • MinGW is the Minimalist GNU for Windows toolchain, which contains the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) compiler.

When you choose a package from http://qt-project.org/downloads , you must pick the package that matches the your compiler. A MSVC DLL cannot be used with an .exe file that was produced with MinGW, and vice-versa. In fact, an MSVC 2010 DLL cannot be used with an .exe file that was produced with MSVC 2012.

Did you install Visual Studio?

[quote]I have version QT Creator 3.0.0 I think,[/quote]Qt is the library. Qt Creator is an IDE.

Your version of Qt Creator won't affect your program, but your version of Qt is important. Which Qt package(s) did you download?

• Was it something like "Qt 5.2.1 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8, OpenGL, 634 MB)"?
    • Or "Qt 5.2.1 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, 518 MB)"?
    • Or something completely different?[/quote]

Alright im using the MinGW 4.8 32bit MinGW Compiler.
    I didn't install Visual Studio.
    And according to qDebug() << QT_VERSION_STR; I am using version 5.2.0

• Moderators

[quote author="brandan" date="1391960743"]Alright im using the MinGW 4.8 32bit MinGW Compiler.
    I didn't install Visual Studio.[/quote]Then you need to make sure that all your DLLs (e.g. Qt5Core.dll) are from the MinGW package, not the MSVC package.

I presume you can find them somewhere like C:\Qt\5.2.0\mingw48_32\bin

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1391961950"][quote author="brandan" date="1391960743"]Alright im using the MinGW 4.8 32bit MinGW Compiler.
    I didn't install Visual Studio.[/quote]Then you need to make sure that all your DLLs (e.g. Qt5Core.dll) are from the MinGW package, not the MSVC package.

I presume you can find them somewhere like C:\Qt\5.2.0\mingw48_32\bin[/quote]

Thank you so much that worked!

• Moderators

You're welcome. :) Happy coding!

P.S. It's worth uninstalling the MSVC package to prevent mixups like this in the future

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.