Platform Plugins what are the differences?

• I was doing some cross compiling of a Qt5.2 application for an ARM based target and it was failing to display anything on my platform. After doing some google'ing I found that if I launched it with:
    ./helloworld -platform eglfs
    it would show up (full screen, but it worked)!

I started looking at all the platform options:
    android, eglfs, linuxfb, minimalegl, windows, xcb, cocoa, ios, offscreen, qnx, directfp, kms, minimal, openwfd and I'm wondering what they are for. I assume, for example, that if I wanted to run my application on an Android device I'd have to pass "-platform android", but they're not all obvious to me.

Is there a listing anywhere of when each of these parameters should be used? For example, what does eglfs stand for? And why did I need to use that where as linuxfb didn't work? (I would have thought the linux frame buffer was how I wanted to launch my application since it was running on embedded linux)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

android -> Android devices
    windows -> Windows OS (XP to 8)
    xcb -> Linux X11
    cocoa -> OS X
    ios -> iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
    qnx -> qnx OS
    eglfs -> GPU vendor EGL API implementation
    directfb -> hardware accelerated linux frame buffer
    openwfd -> open source WiFi Display
    kms -> kernel mode setting (I might be wrong though)
    minimal(egl) -> minimal implementation

IIRC, there was a bug in the linuxfb plugin preventing him from being initialized correctly but I can't remember whether the fix got in for 5.2

Hope it helps

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.