Accessibility: Setting value of a QT5 Text box (LineEdit) using LDTP accessablity method settextvalue and inspect.exe tool

• I spent the whole weekend trying to implement accessibility for my QT5 based. My goal is to be able to set text value of a LineEdit (Text) using an LDTP settextvalue method to automate my application testing.(http://pythonhosted.org/ldtp/d9/d73/a00060.html)

However I keep on getting the following error.
    Unhandled exception: Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))

This works fine with a win32 app. Also the Microsoft Inspect.exe tool throws the same error.

I have tried all the options provided http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/accessible.html to achieve this. Which include.

1. Trying to dynamically load the plugin defined in qtaccessiblewidgets.dll by putting the accessible folder in my executable deployment.
    2. Calling the QAccessible::installFactory method for the QAccessibleLineEdit control in my main.cpp. doing this. Below is a code snippet I have.

Can someone tell me If it is possible to set value of a LineEdit control using the accessibility functionality. If there is any other way please do let me know.

#include "widget.h"
    #include <QApplication>
    #include <QtPlugin>
    #include <QAccessibleInterface>
    #include <simplewidgets.h>

QAccessibleInterface *lineEditFactory(const QString &classname, QObject *object)
    {
    QAccessibleInterface *interface = 0;

if (classname == QLatin1String("QLineEdit") && object && object->isWidgetType())

interface = new QAccessibleLineEdit(static_cast<QWidget *>(object));
    else if (classname == QLatin1String("QWidget") && object && object->isWidgetType())
    interface = new QAccessibleWidget(static_cast<QWidget *>(object));
    return interface;
    }

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    QAccessible::installFactory(lineEditFactory);
    Widget w;
    w.show();

return a.exec(&#41;;

}

• Found out the root cause for this. QT doesn't have the put_acctValue method implemented yet. Added this, rebuilt the gui project and it is working.

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE QWindowsAccessible::put_accValue(VARIANT varID, BSTR text)

{

showDebug(__FUNCTION__, accessible);

if (!accessible->isValid())

return E_FAIL;

std::wstring intermediateString(text, SysStringLen(text));

QString finalString = QString::fromStdWString(intermediateString);

AccessibleElement elem(varID.lVal, accessible);

elem.setText(Value, finalString);

return S_OK;   

}

The AccessibleElement method looks like this.

void setText(QAccessible::Text t, QString &text) const {

if(iface)

iface->setText(t, 0, text);
    }

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Thanks for sharing the solution. You could consider checking the "bug report system":http://bugreports.qt-project.org to see whether something like that has been reported. If not please open a bug report.

You could also submit a patch for Qt so everybody can benefit. For that you must use gerrit.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.