Qt 5.2 Beta 1 For Android on Win8: Impossible to show native dialogs on an Android device

• hi folks,

Got my app running with Qt 5.2 on Android without many problems and/or modifications on Win 8 x64 :)

But I used message boxes to show errors and/or notifications so I needed to rewrite that part.
    So I used the AndroidExtras module and tried to use the Android Toast API with no luck and the AlertyDialog with no luck either. In both ways it builds fine, but when I run it I got this error:

W/Qt (15197): kernel\qwidget_qpa.cpp:951 (void QWidgetPrivate::setMask_sys(const QRegion&)): void QWidgetPrivate::setMask_sys(const QRegion&): Not supported on android.
    W/dalvikvm(15197): Invalid indirect reference 0x4146c800 in decodeIndirectRef
    E/dalvikvm(15197): VM aborting
    F/libc (15197): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadd00d (code=1)

the faulty code:
    @QAndroidJniObject builder("android.app.AlertDialog.Builder");@

I tried with '/' instead of '.', it tells me that it does not know the class...

Anybody knows if it will be solved with the RC1, the final release or the near future ?

Thanks

• Read somewhere in the bugreports that there is a fix so that QMessageBox will now be using native android messageboxes. Will probably be available in the release candidate

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.