MSVC 2013: The .pro file could not be parsed

• I have built the Qt 5.2.0 beta with MSVC2013 as I have built Qt 5.1.1 with MSVC 2012 (which I have used extensively). However, I can't use the MSVC2013 version because QtCreator 2.8 tells me that the .pro file could not be parsed, disabling the run button.

Compiling Qt 5.2.0 beta finishes without error. I have done so in the MSVC2013 command environment. I have used the same configuration as with MSVC2012 (-opengl desktop, -skip webkit). I have not tried compiling Qt 5.2.0 beta with MSVC2012. The issue occurs in both QtCreator 2.8 and 3.0 beta.

This holds for any of the auto-generated projects obtained upon creating a new project. Having both the MSVC2012 and MSVC2013 kits side by side shows the former working, but the latter not.

Are there any known issues like these?

• im literally doing a msvc 2013 build now, once its done ill let you know if I run into the same problem

• Hi,

I ran into a similar problem on Mac with Qt 5.2. But I could try to build the application, and that issued a message error indicating what the problem was (in my case, I had to re-install XCode).

• Hi, I ran into the same problem. I have built Qt 5.2.0 with MSVC 2013, and downloaded QtCreator 3.0 beta. I cannot run any of the auto-generated projects or examples since the 'Run' button is inactive and is showing an error:

The .pro file could not be parsed.

Is there any solution for this problem? I don't have another compiler installed, and I can't download the current version of Qt since the MSVC 2013 is not supported there.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You might need a more recent (as in "built from sources") version of Qt Creator in order to use Qt 5.2.0

• Thank you, it worked wonders!

• Downloaded one of the snapshots here so you don't have to build it yourself.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.