Multi-tap Keyboard

• Hello experts!

I need your help here.

I have my device, which has "numpad". I want to have numpad based keyboard input.

Keyboard should be a "multi-tap" on numpad (Something like old "cellphone").
    If i press "1" three times, I shall get the character "c".

Am looking for Qt way of doing it.

While exploring, I did come across "Qt::ImhNoPredictiveText". Will that satisfy my requirement? Can you explain me with example?

I did find few 3rd party libraries to the job. But, I want to use it in Qt way.

Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot,
    Kumar

• Hello!

Does anyone has answer for my question?

• Moderators

if you want to do it all by yourself in Qt just intercept the key events for your widget. And use a QTimer which decides to update the current/last character or insert a new one.

The logic to implement this shouldn't be very complicated, but it's quite some writing effort i think ;)

• Hi Raven,

I can implement the logic by myself.

It may introduce some bugs during the implementation from scratch.

Again, it will include "testing" efforts.

I did not want to re-invent the wheel. :)

I just wanted to know if Qt provides the facility for taking the input as like "low end mobile phone keyboard"(multitap).

• Moderators

[quote author="kumararajas" date="1381905611"]
    I just wanted to know if Qt provides the facility for taking the input as like "low end mobile phone keyboard"(multitap).
    [/quote]
    not i am aware of

• Thanks Raven!
    Am in search of that. If you come across that, may be in future, please let me know about it.

And,
    Later when I implement the logic for this, I would like to contribute this to Qt Embedded, because as like me, there may be many who will be in need for this.

Thanks,
    Kumar

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.