How to set a default Qt version in Linux?

• Hello,

I have Qt4 and Qt5 installed in my Ubuntu and, in Qt Creator I can easy manage which one will be used, but how to choose one of them to be the default in command line?
    The default in command line is Qt5, I want to change it to Qt4.

Thanks!

• Hello,

I have uninstalled the package Qt5-default, with apt-get remove, and it automatically installed the Qt4-default package.
    Now in terminal, if I call qmake --version or qmake -query QT_VERSION, it shows me he is ysing Qt 4.

So, I assume I can change the default Qt by installing the Qtx-defaul package, but have another way? Some way without internet or apt-get?

Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I don't know if it's provided, but have a look at the update-alternatives command

• Moderators

To develop on the command line: Just use the qmake that comes with the Qt package you want to use. I am no ubuntu expert, but usually that binary is in some -dev or -devel package.

To switch Qt versions that are loaded when starting applications you might need to point the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to wherever the relevant .so files are located. This may or may not be necessary, depending on your system setup.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.