(SOLVED)Qt Creator Adding Native amd64 Compiler VC++

• Hello!

How can I configure a native VC++ amd64 compiler in QtCreator? My pc and windows is 64bits, and I had a Qt compiled for 64bits

The auto-detected Visual C++ (amd64) compiler is configured to cross compiler:

"Initialization: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat x86_amd64"

And I need this configuration:

"Initialization: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat AMD64"

Thanks!

• I found a way!

I had installed MS Visual Studio 2008, who came with the Windows SDK 6.0A. And the compiler found by Qt Creator under this SDK is default cross compiler.
    To resolve I downloaded the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and, after install, automatically the Qt Creator found a compiler like I wanted, native x64.

I did not found any documentation about this, just tryed.

Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Great you found out !

From my own experience, most developers also get the windows SDK for one reason or another (additional tools, updated compilers etc...)

The documentation/wiki might be updated to give this information. You can do it if you want.

Can you update the thread's title to solved so other forum users may know a solution has been found ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.